By Mahasweta Das
The Valorant NA Championship winded up on March 21, 2021. Shortly after that, Riot Games released patch 2.06 on March 30, 2021. The patch brings a few alterations to agents as well as weapons. Read below to find out the major updates:
Agent Updates 2.06:
VIPER - In the latest patch, the devs have served a delicious platter in Viper's ability. These updates have solidified her place in the agent roster. Giving her a unique playing pattern while keeping her theme intact, the updates are worth a shot.
1. Toxin - If a character comes across Viper's Toxic Screen, Poison Cloud, or maybe Viper's Pit, he/she will get 50 decay damage instantly. The longer time spent within the cloud, the higher the decay will be. The Decay over time inside the cloud has been decreased to 10 from 15, making recovery slower. Even if someone manages to step out of it, the effect will still linger for some more time. Outside the cloud, the delay before health regeneration has been decreased from 2.5 to 1.5.
2. Poison Cloud[Q] – Viper now can pick up her poison cloud immediately after deploying and can redeploy it. But that will be a temporary charge instead of a permanent one. Just like Cypher's tripwire needs a temporary cooldown before redeployment. So, players need to buy it anew when going to the next round.
If the poison cloud is active when Viper dies, it will remain for additional 2 seconds. However, if she is alive, it will remain active until Viper runs out of Fuel.
The cloud pickup distance has been increased to 400 from 200. Thus, making the redeployment easier for Viper.
3. Toxic Screen [E] – Similar to the poison cloud, the toxic screen will remain active for additional 2 seconds if Viper dies or runs out of fuel. To match with the blind distance from the edge of the smoke, the full blind distance from the wall has been increased.
4. Snakebite [C] – The pickup time for the Snakebite ability is decreased to 0.8 from 1.1.
5. In custom games where cheats and infinite abilities are enabled, Viper can hold down "activate" to recall Toxic Screen and Poison Cloud. If Poison Cloud is equipped when in Custom Game, its landing location is revealed on mini-map.
YORU - The unique duelist both in pace and play-style, Yoru is promised to be a strong competitor with composition.
1. Blindside [Q] – The Flash activation time is decreased to 0.6 from 0.8. Thus, once it hits the wall, the enemies get less time to react before it is deployed. The Flash duration gets a huge increase of 1.5 from 1.1.
2. Gatecrash [E] – Yoru's signature ability is Gatecrash. Before, its cooldown was reset after every two kills. But from now on, it will need only 35 seconds to reset. The Lifetime of Gatecrash is increased to 30 seconds from 20 seconds. The Gatecrash will now be revealed from 4 meters instead of 7 meters distance. Thus, Yoru can move more frequently inside the map and enemies need to get closer to hit. Also, visuals for visibility range are added to the moving fragment.
3. Dimensional Drift [X] – Now, to activate his ultimate ability, Yoru needs 6 ult orbs instead of 7. Moreover, he can reactivate Gatecrash whilst in Dimensional Drift.
1. Nanoswarm [C] – Now, Killjoy can pick up the deployed Nanoswarm grenades in the buy phase to get back the charge.
WEAPON UPDATES 2.06
Bucky – Through this update, the shotgun gets its biggest nerf.
1. The Primary fire or left-click bullet spread reduces to 2.6 from 3.4 and the Alternative fire or right-click bullet spread reduces to 2.0 from 3.4. As a result, the damage may get increased, but the distance it can cover reduces drastically.
2. Number of pellets in a single fire is reduced to 5 from 15.
3. The damage curve for both Primary and Alt-fire is as follows:
Disclaimer: Articles on our website are shared by individuals and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. These are NOT TWOB's official views on the content. We try to ensure that the information we post on TWOB is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.